Friday, May 19, 2006
"Tell Your Friends!"
at The Lolita Bar
266 Broome St., off of Allen St.
Take the F train to Delancey St.
8:00pm - FREE SHOW
has been seen on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien," a Comedy Central Presents 1/2 hour special, and was a writer for "Saturday Night Live" for three years
has been seen on Comedy Central's "Premium Blend," and "The USO World Tour," has appeared at the Aspen and Montreal Comedy Festivals, and she was a writer for "The Late Late Show" and "Tough Crowd w/ Colin Quinn".
is a writer for Standup Nation w/ Greg Giraldo, and has been seen on Best Week Ever and Premium Blend
writer/performer of the Marijuanalogues (he just toured that show with Tommy Chong) and has appeared at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen and on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien," "Premium Blend," "Jimmy Kimmel Live," and "Tough Crowd."
preparing for an appearance on "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien" next week:
who is, according to Court TV, America's leading albino actor
and making a rare East Coast appearance
as seen on "Conan," "Premium Blend," and a writer for the sitcom, "Love Inc."
AND OF COURSE, OUR HOUSE BAND - A Brief View of the Hudson, a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play.
Here's what the press has said:
* "BEST FOLK DUO"
"It's rare that we like a band from the first chord. Yet the first time we saw folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson play at the Bowery Poetry Club we were hooked.
Ann Enzminger and Nicholas Nace incorporate many of the best characteristics of both country music and classic rock without sounding derivative...Enzminger is a tiny woman, a hair taller than five feet, but with an opera-trained voice as big and sweet as a bowling ball–size Hershey Kiss. Nace's twangy talk-singing adds a quirky and ear-catching roughness; we crave the combination time and again." - The NY Press
* "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
* "A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" twice now, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show—and 'workout comedy room'—is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
* The Onion says, "Though it's pegged as a 'workout room' for comics to test their new(ish) material, Liam McEneaney's weekly show Tell Your Friends flexes enough comedic muscle to pull its weight alongside more established downtown shows. Demetri Martin, Slovin & Allen, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien writer Brian Kiley are among the stand-ups who have squeezed into Lolita's narrow space since the show's debut this summer, alongside the surprisingly tolerable resident folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson."
Produced by Mike Collins & Liam McEneaney
to unsubscribe from this list, simply reply with the subject heading, "I pooped my pants!"